Saturday 11 May 2013

Packing

We're packing. Downsizing. Decluttering. There may be only 3 of us, but we live in a 4 bedroom house, and we have filled every single room. With stuff. Wonderful stuff, all of it. I LOVE my stuff. I have all the books I have ever read, right back to The Magic Faraway Tree. I have every single record I ever bought. I have boxes of Astra's artwork, every single piece of it. I have bags of clothes that will fit me again one day. Well, okay, maybe not, but they are so lovely, look at them. I was that thin once! If I give them away I really am throwing in the towel, right?


Andy packs up the LPs, I hold up the cuddly animals one by one. Astra either grabs them and chatters to them, or condemns them. 'Boat', 'Storage', 'Charity Shop'. 'What? Really? You remember who gave this to you?'. Andy joins in. 'Which one? Red Horn? You're throwing out Red Horn? But what about when the Now-Food-Teddy goes to the Red Planet and.....'.
'Pffft', says Astra. 'I'll promote another cuddly animal. It will be fine. For goodness sake!'.

So. Astra is decluttering. Andy and I are running out of boxes.


No comments:

Post a Comment